The Christmas Story - Heather's Story



Dear Friends and Family,                                                         Dec. 2, 2018


                          The Christmas Story – Heather’s Story

PROCESSING – Luke talks about how “Mary pondered all these things in her heart” after Jesus was born and worshipped. I don’t blame her. Many of us women tend to process things a lot and Mary had definitely gone through an incredible journey becoming the mother to Jesus, the Son of God. My story is very different from hers, of course, but, like her, I do process things a lot. Since getting back to Bolivia on Nov. 10, I’ve thought a lot about Ricardo, age 13, who has been really stubborn and has talked seriously about leaving our Boy’s Home. A few other boys barely passed their grade this year. Some girls and boys at our Support Center have made some bad decisions lately and struggle big time with obedience. Some of our church members here have decided to make some pretty drastic changes in our church and that has also occupied my mind as I don’t agree with them. I keep learning that prayer is vital to my thought process. I need the Lord so much as I think about the challenging kids I know and the changes that will be coming. Thanks for praying for these people and church challenges.

PROTECTING – Luke also talks about the journey Joseph and pregnant Mary made to Bethlehem. God’s protection was so evident as they traveled, were led to a stable for Jesus’ birth and later were protected from evil King Herod. I sure felt God’s hand of protection on me as I traveled on Home Assignment in Western Canada and a few States. God was also protecting Candelero Kids from any severe legal actions as Jhon, a 16 year old from our Home, had some very bad behaviour in Sept., which could have caused many more problems to our ministry. (Thanks to those who have prayed for Jhon. God is doing His work in his life. So thankful.)
         Our kids and ministry really need spiritual and physical protection from the enemy and his attempts to defeat us. Please pray for the Lord’s protection over each of the kids we work with. Some of their names are Maycon, Madai, Esther, Clever, Javier, Alex, Franz, Antonio, Violeta, Sergio.

PROVIDING – Matthew tells us of the wisemen who brought gifts to Jesus and worshiped Him. God provided a star for them to follow and they did this faithfully. God has provided for me in so many ways. I had great visits with many of you while on Home Assignment, many chances to share about Candelero Kids and what God is doing, and also some fun times of rest with family and friends. God provided more finances for our ministry from many of you and I’m so thankful. He provided me with those who were interested to hear what is happening in Tarija. In July, before I left, He provided us with a great team from Canada that came to bless Candelero Kids with their physical labour and ways of befriending the kids. Now, He is providing the help of Conrad Seemel, a young guy from Pambrun, who is arriving here on Dec. 12. Please pray for his trip, adjustment to Bolivia and ministry here. I know we will be blessed by his love for Jesus too.

PROMISING – Back to Luke’s gospel. The shepherds were just some of those who received promises from the Lord. When they were told that they would “find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger” and that this baby “is Christ the Lord”, they went to Bethlehem and received that promise. I’ve been studying the book of Isaiah (as well as Psalms) and it is full of precious promises – many of them concerning Jesus. One that struck me recently is from Isaiah 49:23b. The Lord says, “those who hope in me will not be disappointed.” A friend told me that the first Advent Sunday focuses in on HOPE. We all need to remember God’s promises and keep our hope in Jesus as we live in this troublesome world. One of these promises is that He is coming again. So thankful for that promise.

PROCLAIMING – The angels play a big part in the Christmas story as we all know. They proclaimed the good news and were full of praise to God. Their proclamation inspired the shepherds to go and see, and then they in turn proclaimed the good news of Jesus the Saviour to others. I’m thankful for the opportunities I have to proclaim my faith in Jesus, yet, there are challenges there too. Some of my nonchristian friends here are quite closed and don’t see their need for the One and Only Saviour. Please pray for more boldness for me and for open hearts for those I mix with. I pray the same for you.  
It took me awhile to process my thoughts enough to write this update. As I reflect on the Christmas story, I am so thankful that the Lord continues to protect and provide (both show how much He loves us), and keep His promises.
We definitely have a wonderful Saviour to proclaim to others. Merry Christmas!!

Joyfully His,
Heather MacKnee



EFCCM Designated Giving Policy: Spending of funds is confined to organization approved programs and projects. Each restricted contribution designated towards an organization approved program or project will be used as designated with the understanding that when the need for such a program or project has been met, or can’t be completed for any reason determined by the organization, the remaining restricted contributions designated for such programs or projects will be used where needed most.

                                      EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH OF CANADA MISSION
                                                Heather´s personal account # is 2-2380.
                                                      Candelero Kid´s account # is 2-5028.
                                           EFCCM – Box 850, Langley Stn. LCD 1, Langley, BC V3A 8S6  
                                                                   Toll Free: 1-877-305-3322
                                          Heather MacKnee   Casilla 1315, Tarija, Bolivia S. America
                                                            candelerokids@gmail.com
  
                                         FOR AMERICAN FRIENDS AND SUPPORTERS
                                                      Heather´s personal account # is 001-0061.
                                                      Candelero Kid´s account # 001-0097.
                                      EFCM – Reach Global, 901 E. 78th St., Minneapolis, MN  55420
                                                                  Toll Free:  1-800-745-2202

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rich Family in Brazil, February 2020

The Rich Family in Brazil, March 2020

Stephen Newton, Spring 2020