Heather MacKnee March

Hi Everybody,

How are you doing? I hope all is well. Thank you so much for taking time to read this update. I hope you enjoy the pictures too. God bless you all as you live for Him.

Joyfully His,
Heather MacKnee 

 The pictures: 
I found a really cool wall the other day. I think you'll understand why I like it. 



In my update I talk about the following:

Blanca and her brother, Jesus, and Blanca's baby boy.

David has his baby on his shoulders, and Mariela is beside him.

One of the last pics I have of Javier, when I was teaching him how to drive my car.

 Each restricted contribution designated towards an organization approved program or project will be used as designated with the understanding that when the need for such a program or project has been met, or can’t be completed for any reason determined by the organization, the remaining restricted contributions designated for such programs or projects will be used where needed most.

EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH OF CANADA MISSION
Heather´s personal account # is 2-2380.
Candelero Kid´s account # is 2-5028.
EFCCM – Box 850, Langley Stn. LCD 1, Langley, BC V3A 8S6
Toll Free: 1-877-305-3322
Heather MacKnee Casilla 1315, Tarija, Bolivia S. America
candelerokids@gmail.com
FOR AMERICAN FRIENDS AND SUPPORTERS
Heather´s personal account # is 001-0061.
Candelero Kid´s account # 001-0097.

Dear Friends and Family,

March 12, 2019 A lot of piano teachers will agree with me that teaching the 3/4 time signature to students is more difficult than teaching the 4/4 time signature. Maybe we are more used to marching than to waltzing, like a 3/4 signature suggests. Now that you are musically enlightened (smile), there is a reason why I share this. I want to start this letter talking about 3 boys who lived in our Home who have something difficult in common with each other.

Jesús Nieves, David Perales and Javier Fernandez all ran way from our Boy’s Home at different times. Jesús ran away back in 2011. I have had much more contact with his sisters, Blanca and Sara, than with him and these girls are both living in the YWAM Girl’s home in Santa Cruz, but, Jesús came back into my life in January when Blanca and her baby boy came to visit. Their dad is elderly and sickly. Jesús and his dad live way out in the country. In Feb., when I spent some time with his dad in the hospital so that Jesús could work in the country, it struck me how after so many years, that I get to help out Jesús again and encourage him to trust the Lord with his struggles. I’m thankful for this renewed contact.

Many of you know that David ran away from our Home in Jan. 2018. It was a hard time and we didn’t know if we would see him again. Well, God brought him back to the area and we’ve had lots of contact with David, Mariela and their baby boy since May. They have come to church several times since Dec., and they attended the Bible Camp at the Boy’s Home which took place from March 1 – 4. I’m also thankful for the opportunities we have to encourage them to seek the Lord.

The most recent runaway is Javier Fernandez. He left on Dec. 26, and his situation is harder as he has a very rebellious heart. A few years ago, he begged to be able to live in the Boy’s Home as his home life was very hard. Thinking of the negative changes in his attitude this past year makes me sad. He is now living with his godfather and this man’s mother who have a very wrong lifestyle. 14 year old Javier needs a lot of prayer. I don’t know if his story will have a positive side to it in the future like those of the other two boys I mentioned, but …

I HAVE THIS HOPE.
This is the name of a song by “10th Ave. North” that God has used to encourage me many times the past while. Where would any of us be without the hope that God gives us? When we work with broken people, or with any people at all for that matter, God is our only hope, for only He can save us. A verse that has come to my mind a lot lately says, “Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labour in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain.”
Psalm 127: 1. So, unless the Lord is our hope, we have no possibility of seeing positive lasting results in ministering to others.

Now, let me share with you where I have seen God at work. 
  1. In my own life – He continues to teach me so much about Him as I read His Word and seek His direction. He is the Faithful One.
  2. In Jhon – God has been changing him from a troublemaker to a young guy who is striving to do what is right. He still struggles in some areas, but his desire to share about faith in the Lord with others is evident. He went on a Bolivia Mission’s trip in Jan., and he invited his classmate to our camp.
  3. In Ricardo – In Dec., I wrote that Ricardo wanted to leave our Boy’s Home. God has changed his heart. He stayed and is applying himself to school more than other years.
  4. In Alex and Franz – These two boys from the Home are in grade 12 this year, in two different schools. They have different challenges, but I do see them to be more at peace with life and God.
  5. At our Bible camp – God used Erick, our speaker, to teach us about some of the miracles of Jesus and hearts seemed open to learn. We pray that kids will remember these lessons. Camp went so much better this year and I’m thankful for God’s provisions of good helpers, weather and attitudes.
  6. In Conrad – This young guy from Pambrun has been a great help and example to our kids at the Boy’s Home and the Support Center. He will be missed when he leaves in just over 2 weeks time.
  7. In the newer kids at the Support Center – We have welcomed 4 new kids to our center. Eliana, age 9 and Aleida, age 7, are two sisters whose mother often leaves them and their siblings to fend for themselves. They need a lot of attention, but we are already seeing small changes in their lives as they respond to God’s love in us. 
I haven’t asked for prayer for our staff lately, but along with all of the kids mentioned above, I really would like to ask for prayer for our house parents.
Mirtha’s family is going through some heavy things with their niece and her children. On March 18, Andrea will be going to court. The future of Andrea’s baby is at stake as well. This little sweetheart, named Marcela, is 8 months old and often stays with Mirtha and Marcelo at the Boy’s Home. Please pray for God’s will to be done and for peace in the midst of this storm.

2019 is a special year for us in Tarija. 20 years ago this month, “El Candelero” ministries began. Merle and I are so thankful for God’s faithful provisions in everyway for the Coffee Shop ministry and Candelero Kids. Sooo many of you have prayed for us, so many have given, and God has blessed. Some of you have come to help us firsthand too. Thank you so much for continuing to support the ministry of Candelero Kids in many different ways. God bless you and may we all keep our hope built on Jesus, the Solid Rock, the Hope of our salvation.

Joyfully His,
Heather MacKnee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rich Family in Brazil, February 2020

The Rich Family in Brazil, March 2020

Stephen Newton, Spring 2020